The Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA or B.B.A) is a Bachelor’s degree in commerce & business administration. The BBA degree has been designed to impart a broad knowledge of the functional aspects of a company & their interconnection by allowing them to study various core subjects ad allowing them to specialize in the specific academic area of their choice.
BBA aids in developing a student’s practical, managerial, communication skills & business decision making capabilities. Many BBA programs offered by BBA colleges, integrate theoretical knowledge with practical experience in the form of case studies, presentations, internships, industrial visits & interactions with experts from the industry.
The general eligibility criteria for admission in BBA college would be a student having cleared the XII or equivalent course from any recognized Board/ University with a minimum of 50% marks for students in the General category & 45% marks for SC/St students. BBA colleges in India also conduct specific Entrance tests, personal interview & writing ability tests towards further screening & short listing of applicants. The admission tests are mainly objective type & contain multiple choice questions. The sections common to all the entrance exams are as below:
- Quantative/ Mathematics
- Verbal Ability/ English
- General Knowledge
- Analytical / Logical Reasoning
India Today & Nielsen Company have carried out a survey of the Best BBA Colleges in India and also provided the top 10 BBA College ranking as below:
- Rank 1 : Christ University, Bangalore : Established in 1969, Christ College ( now Christ University) is renowned for providing an innovative & modern BBA curriculum. Christ University is not only one of the best BBA colleges in Bangalore but also in the country.
- Rank 2: Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies, Pune: Inaugurated in 2004, SCMS, Pune provides a specialized BBA program across 6 specializations of human resources, marketing, accounting & finance, International Business, Environmental management & entrepreneurship.
- Rank 3: Wisdom Faculty of Management Studies, Banasthali University, Jaipur : Approved by NAAC, the department’s mission is to contribute towards development of women leadership.
- Rank 4: Anil Surendra Modi School of Commerce (ASMSOC) Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies University, Mumbai: The institution was established in 1964 by SVKM, a professionally managed Trust.
- Department of Business Administration, SRM University, Chennai : The Department of Business Administration was established in 2007 with 49 students with the objective of proving quality education.
- Institute of Management Studies, Noida: Established in1998, IMS Noida provides management education to both freshers & working professionals.
- Mount Carmel College, Bangalore: The College was established in1948 with just 40 students & is home to over 4000 students today. The college always features in top BBA Colleges Ranking surveys across the country.
- Madras Christian College, Chennai : Established in 1837, the college services over 500o students with 220 faculty members serving in 31 departments.
- Department of Computer Science, Banasthali University, Jaipur: This institution is a fully residential women’s university offering an integrated education system from primary to the PHd level.
- Goswami Ganesh Dutta S D College, Chandigarh: Established on July 3, 1973, the college has been led by eminent stalwarts.
Careers 360 has provided the list of top bba colleges in Mumbai, affiliated to Mumbai University which offer the Bachelor in Management Studies (BMS) degree:
- HR College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai
- Jai Hind College, Mumbai
- Mithibhai College, Mumbai
- St Xaviers College, Mumbai
- KC College, Mumbai
For BBA colleges in Delhi, Career 360 has provided the following lists which offer the BMS programs:
- Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies, Delhi :
- Keshav Mahavidyalaya, Delhi
- Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College, Delhi
- Sri Guru Gobind Singh College of Commerce, Delhi
- Ideal Institute of Management & Technology
Some of the bba colleges in Hyderabad are as below:
- ICFAI Business School ( IBS), Hyderabad
- St Francis College for Women, Hyderabad
- Indian Institute of Management & Commerce ( IIMC), Hyderabad
- Sun International Institute for technology & management (sun) Hyderabad
- St Anns College for women Hyderabad
BBA colleges in Pune offering the BBA/ BMS program are as below:
- Flame University , Pune
- MITSOM College, Pune
- Arihant Group of Institutions ( AGI) Pune
- International School of Business & Media ( ISB & M), Pune
- Bharati Vidyapeeth University , Institute of Management & Entrepreneurship Development ( IMED), Pune
With regard to bba in iim indore, though IIM Indore is not a BBA college, to offer a 3 year BBA program however, it offers a one of it’s kind Five Year Integrated Programme in Management ( IPM) . Launched by IIM Indore in 2011, the IPM is accredited by the Association of MBAs , London ( 4th & 5th year), the program has 3 years of undergraduate & 2 years of PG education learning goals and at the end of the course the students would be awarded Integrated Diploma in Management by IIM Indore.
- St Joseph’s College of Commerce
- Alliance University
- Jain University – Center for Management Studies ( CMS)
- Presidency College
- Dayananda Sagar College of Arts & Commerce
- PES College of Management
- Acharya Institute
- IFIM UG College
A candidate can visit the website of each of these institutions for BBA colleges in Bangalore with fees.
There are several BBA Colleges & BBM Colleges in Bangalore offering BBA Bangalore from which the applicant can select a college of your choice. BBA course fees also varies as per the college in which the candidate takes BBA admission in Bangalore.